There are many ways to support AVS, and many have significant tax advantages. Below are instructions on the most common ways to give. If you have another giving method in mind or have any questions about your gift, please reach out to the Advancement Office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we'll get back to you as quickly as possible!
Credit card or e-check
Just visit our online giving form to make an immediate payment using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, or American Express credit or debit card, or give using ACH (e-check).
AVS pays processing fees on each online transaction; fees are much lower for e-check payments (~0.3%), than for credit card payments (~3.0%) – so you can maximize the impact of your gift by either paying by e-check or clicking the option to increase your donation to cover those fees.
Make a pledge
A pledge is simply a promise to make a gift – through any of the above methods (except DAFs*) – before the end of the Annual Fund campaign. A donor may make a pledge online or in writing (emails and texts count). A pledge must include the donor’s name, the amount of the pledge, and the intended date of their payment (or dates for installments). Verbal pledges cannot be accepted or recorded.
* Donors cannot make pledges to give through donor-advised funds because of the nature of those organizations. We will, however, note your intent to give once you've recommended the grant from your DAF.
Make out your check to Alta Vista School, note in the memo area what your gift is meant for (e.g., Annual Fund or Gala), and then mail your check:
Alta Vista School
Attn: Advancement Office
450 Somerset Street
San Francisco, CA 94134
You can also, of course, drop off your check at the Lower School office.
Donating gifts of appreciated securities like stocks and mutual funds that have been held for more than 12 months can be advantageous to many donors. The document Gifts of Appreciated Securities contains detailed instructions on how donors can complete a stock gift.
Donor-advised funds (DAFs)
Directing a gift through a donor-advised fund is relatively simple with most providers:
- When specifying the organization, please make sure you've selected ALTA VISTA SCHOOL INC. with the tax identification number 27-2889011.
- Please request that your institution mail the check to the paper check address listed above. (If the fund requires a name for the letter to be addressed to, please use Noa Mendelevitch, Director of Admissions and Advancement.)
- When asked to designate a purpose for the funds, please indicate Annual Fund or Gala. Alternatively, you can choose the where needed most default option with most funds; AVS's policy is to apply gifts with that designation to the Annual Fund.
- Once you've recommended the gift to your institution, please notify the AVS team via email of the details and, if possible, provide the receipt or confirmation. (While not required, this helps ensure gifts are properly documented when received.)
- If there are any issues – or if your donor-advised fund needs any documentation from AVS – please email the Advancement Office at email@example.com with the specifics of what they need, and we'll make sure everything is set from there.