Each grade has two academic classes, plus specialists for Spanish, physical education, drama, music, art/tinkering, and garden/sustainable living. Each class is taught by two full-time teachers. Junior Kindergarten has a 6:1 student-teacher ratio while K-5 has an average 8:1 student-teacher ratio.
The school day runs from 8:25 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Students enrolled in BookEnds (before and after school program) may arrive as early as 7:30 a.m. and stay as late as 5:00 p.m. BookEnds is an opt-in program that is an additional cost to the annual tuition.
- Junior Kindergarten through 5th grades
- Spacious, sunlit classrooms, library, art and tinker studio, gym, and performance stage
- Ample room for vibrant and varied BookEnds programming
- Extensive outdoor space to run around, a playground with modular play structure and rock climbing wall, and an organic garden
- Walking distance to McLaren Park (San Francisco's second largest park), new neighborhood library built in 2009, and Palega Recreation Center, which reopened in 2013
- Easy access from South Bay commutes
Sports are parent-organized and typically include basketball and soccer. We partner with Zum, a door-to-door transportation service with drivers trained to ensure your children arrive at their destination safely.
450 Somerset Street
San Francisco, CA 94134Tel: 415-467-3700
School hours: 8:25 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
The middle school campus, located in the heart of the Mission, has enough classroom space to accommodate up to 40 students per grade (120 at capacity), including a student-designed commons area, 1200 sq. ft. sunlit design and engineering lab, indoor gym with a mini basketball / volley court, black box theater, theater-tech room, music room, and a practice room.