The Parent & Family Group hosts events for the AVS community , including family get-togethers, parent-only parties and meetings, and other school functions. These fun and informative gatherings are at the heart of the Alta Vista School community. When health guidance does not allow us to gather in person or indoors, we stay connected with fun virtual or outdoor events.
All of these events are run by parent volunteers, sometimes in collaboration with AVS faculty and students. See ParentSquare for details and to RSVP or volunteer. Don't miss out, and please lend a hand whenever you can.
Room parents and other volunteers create opportunities for families and students to have fun and get to know each other. If you have an idea for a grade-level event, please contact your room parent or the parent group chairs.
The Lower School Harvest Festival, Middle School Socials, community service events, parent education workshops, and coffees or evening elixirs with administrators are some of the ways to connect with others at your campus.
The Parent and Family Group organizes mingles for adults, camping trips for families, and an end-of-year picnic for everyone to celebrate the year’s achievements. Parents also gather for All-Parent Meetings three times a year to get dinner and the low-down on what's happening at AVS. The annual Gala fundraiser is a chance for parents and guardians to have fun and support AVS.
The AVS Parent Group camping committee organizes several camping trips per year for families at campgrounds near the Bay Area. Families may participate for one or two nights or just join the campers for the day.
If you would like to help out with future AVS camping trips, or if you have ideas to share, please let us know. You can also join the AVS Camping Group in ParentSquare.
Plans for 2021-2022
The Camping Committee is planning new outdoor adventures for 2021-2022. Keep an eye on ParentSquare for details about the following trips.
- April, 2022 should bring our first post-COVID trip, likely to a nearby KOA
- Memorial Day Weekend, 2022 we're working on plans for a tents-oriented adventure.
Past AVS Camping Trips
- Caswell Memorial State Park, Ripon - August 2019
- Lake Solano County Park, Winters - April 2019
- Memorial Park, Loma Mar - October 2018
- Caswell Memorial State Park, Ripon - August 2018
- Pinnacles, Paicines - May 2018
- Spring Lake Park, Santa Rosa - April 2018
- Memorial Park, Loma Mar - October 2017
- Pinnacles, Paicines - May 2017
- Spring Lake Park, Santa Rosa - April 2017
- Memorial Park, Loma Mar - October 2016
- Huddart Park, Woodside - September 2016