Front Office Manager, Lower School
Founded in San Francisco in 2010, Alta Vista School implements an inquiry-based STEAM program serving approximately 300 students across two campuses.
Alta Vista School encourages students to go beyond a strong academic foundation to pursue their passions with the help of our community. Faculty, administrators, and families believe experiences and hands-on activities are the best practice for meaningful learning. AVS educators benefit from small class sizes and are intentional in their instruction. Teachers serve as guides for students as they explore, observe, predict, measure, and analyze for themselves in an inquiry-based journey of discovery and knowledge-making. Likewise, AVS teachers are serious about play. We love learning alongside our students, believing that children learn better in joyous, authentic settings. Most important to the AVS approach is a foundation rooted in the scientific method and a belief that science and technology, guided by the arts, can be leveraged to benefit all. At AVS, students learn to embrace technology and to apply principles of design-thinking as powerful tools for innovation. Technology is thoughtfully integrated into each classroom.
For more information about Alta Vista School, please visit our website: www.altavistaschool.org.
Opportunity starting June 20, 2022. Alta Vista School is seeking a highly organized and collaborative Office Manager. Qualified candidates should have experience managing multiple administrative tasks simultaneously, with the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and attention to detail, while presenting a friendly and professional demeanor to all school constituents and visitors.
The role is full-time, and the compensation package includes a wide array of benefits, including full health benefits.
- Attend to the needs of the Lower School campus's front desk, answering the phone and greeting the school community and guests.
- Post daily attendance numbers and update pickup and dismissal instructions for students.
- Keep office and school stocked with office supplies and personal protective equipment.
- Coordinate faculty event logistics and services.
- Assist with the morning pick-up and afternoon drop-off duties.
- Help with new faculty onboarding.
- Address any minor first aid needs of students and faculty.
- Send communications to parents and guardians.
- Coordinate with outside providers (e.g., bus company, hot lunch company, photo provider).
- Maintain school calendar.
- Handle office needs and reasonable faculty needs in an efficient and professional manner.
Traits and requirements
- Standards of safety, behavior, first aid/CPR
- Proficient with Word, Excel, and Google applications. Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a plus, but not required.
- Appropriate methods and techniques in motivating and managing children
- Record keeping, simple arithmetic and good English usage
- Assist with managing student behavior in accordance with school rules
- Wear many hats and manage multiple tasks
- Proactively maintain a positive school environment
- Ability to show a genuine interest in education and children
- Learn School policies and procedures quickly
- Operate standard office equipment, and use simple technology tasks
- Be patient and show empathy
- Understand and follow written and oral directions
- Meet the physical requirements to safely and effectively perform duties
- Maintain effective work relationships with those contacted during duties
- Follow the practices, rules, and regulations of the school
- Ability to analyze situations, and adopt an effective course of action
- Learn and adapt to new procedures and conditions
- Help maintain a clean and safe environment for children
- Communicate policies and procedures with parents/guardians
- Maintain the confidentiality of school related information
- Maintain confidentiality regarding children and staff
- High school graduate or the equivalent; bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience teaching at elementary level
How to apply
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Statement on nondiscrimination
We are committed to being a safe and welcoming place for all families, students, and faculty. Our school does not discriminate against employees on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, or disability.